Tips for Digital Nomads to Stay Healthy While on the Road
We live in a time where technology has made it possible to work from anywhere. The Internet has an opportunity to combine work as well as traveling around the world. The term digital nomads basically small business owners is frequently overused and often means hacking around in cheap accommodation with a small level of income to keep you going.
This trend has opened up extraordinary opportunities along with a number of challenges perhaps the most subtle of which is a lack of ergonomically healthy options. Nomads will travel with only a laptop and it does not take long for these postural predicaments to develop into muscle imbalances that put ongoing stress on the tendons and skeleton whereby prolonging of these bad habits will eventually lead to more serious problems such as pinched nerves, tendon degeneration, slipped discs just to name but a few.
For those of you with nomadic inclinations, there are a number of things you can do to avoid future back pain, neck issues as well as repetitive strain injuries. Therefore, some of the tips that are essential to digital nomads while working in order to stay healthy include the following;
• Your shoulders should be back and relaxed also getting up as well as walking around every hour will keep your body going for years
• Your back should have lumbar support
• Your elbows should be bent at 90-degree angles
• Your arms should be by your side
• Your wrists should be flat or angled neither upward or downward
• Making a healthy living on the road a priority. In addition to that, avoid having late nights just make sure you have enough sleep.
• Eat healthy meals by considering upping your food budget. It is essential to get some protein along with some veggies in your diet. If you eat one bad meal don’t allow yourself to miss two days in a row the next meal should be healthy.
• Invest in travel insurance since its incredibly helpful and consider factors such as meteorological and geographical aspects, therefore, pack according to the weather.
• An increasing number of products are available such as the Shido Standing Desk and Stood Laptop Stand that are made by nomads for nomads to enable them to stay healthy while on the road working.
• Consider building a routine of having a regular exercise schedule of every 30 to 60 minutes breaks after work given the fact that prolonged periods of sitting in front of a computer may lead to heart disease, eye strain, musculoskeletal disorders, obesity-related illnesses just to name but a few.
In conclusion, working while traveling is a good thing and also awesome, and so is being healthy. While the above should give you some options to stay healthy on the road, I think we need to see increased awareness of this issue and more products on the market to help digital nomads stay healthy. Therefore, digital nomads are advised to participate regularly in physical activity and stretch along way towards keeping them strong as well as preventing chronic pain.